Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My First Review



I read constantly not a day goes by when I don't read.  Even if it's only a few pages, I try to fit reading somewhere in my day. I read across various genres, I never stick to one genre I jump around a lot. This is the book I was currently reading when I made the decision to start the blog, so this is going to be the first book reviewed.


Something Blue by Emily Giffin

Summary:
 

Something Blue is the sequel to Emily Giffin's best seller Something Borrowed. Darcy Rhone has been "sucker punched" by her best friend Rachel when she found out that her wedding had been cancelled because her fiancé Dex was in love with her mousey friend Rachel. Never mind that she had been cheating on her Dex with his best friend, and happens to be pregnant. Before she knows it Darcy's life starts spinning out of control, so she quits her job and decides to move to London with her childhood friend Ethan. Darcy adores the London life and quickly decides to live with her friend Ethan. Living it up and mostly shopping the days away, finally Ethan introduces her to some of his local friends. Darcy can tell that his friends are familiar with her best friend’s betrayal and she feels humiliated. Ethan begins to tell her about her shallowness, and utter disregard of others, including her unborn baby. The sheer honesty cuts Darcy to the core and she vows to change her ways and become a better person, friend, and mother.


Review :
I don't really know the correct genre for this book. I have often heard it referred to as "Chick Lit". I really don’t like that classification I usually refer to it as "light reading". This book definitely falls into the light reading category as far as I'm concerned. It has good flow and I found it pretty easy to read.

I found early on in the book that I wasn’t very fond of the main character, but as the book progressed I liked the changes she made in herself and could relate to the "new" Darcy fairly well. I was surprised by the dynamic between Darcy an Ethan. In Something Borrowed the two characters are very different and not in the same place in life and I didn't see such close friendship their future. I did however anticipate the ending early on and found most of the progression predictable.

Overall I enjoyed the book thought it was well written. I would recommend for someone looking for a light heartfelt read for a long plane trip or lazy day at the beach.






2 comments:

  1. I like your blog very much. Good luck on this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. I would like to read your book and review it here, if you agree with the idea.

      Delete