Sunday, December 23, 2012

Into the Dark

Into The Dark by Stacy Green



Summary

Emilie Davis works as a bank manager in Las Vegas, her world gets turned upside down after an attempted bank robbery. She is held hostage for several hours and her capturer seems to have taken an unhealthy interest in her. Once SWAT comes to resolve the hostage situation, "The Taker" tries to take Emilie into a hidden passage that lead to drain system under the city. Then she realizes the taker has been stalking Emilie for some time and is still after her. A newspaper article runs after the robbery, some of Emilie's secrets from the past have been made public. Emilie is trying to keep her life on track and put the past behind her. Keeping away from "The Taker" becomes harder and harder.

Nathan Madigan the SWAT negotiator failed to catch "The Taker" before he goes into the drains. He has to turn over the case to the detective and the FBI, but really can't seem to get over putting Emilie in danger. Nathan doesn't want to fail Emilie like he failed his own family when he was young. He wants to help keep Emilie out of harm’s way but someone seems to be helping "The Taker", and Nathan takes it upon himself to try to protect Emilie.

Review

I really felt like I knew each character and was able to lose myself inside the story. The characters were very well written and there was so much depth and insight into their past. I really could relate with Emilie the most because she has such a troubled past involving her family.

It has been a while since I have read a suspense or mystery novel, so I just loved this one. Honestly I can't say enough nice things about this book. It was so well written, I have to tell you if you enjoy a good mystery you will love this as much as I did. I will have to give this 5 out of 5 star. Love love loved it!

I was provided 1 eBook copy of the book in return for the review. I received no other compensation.




No comments:

Post a Comment