Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Island of Lost Girls

 
Island of Lost Girls
By
Jennifer McMahon
 
 
Summary:
Rhonda is just waiting for her gas to be pumped when Peter rabbit appears in the Volkswagen Beetle and takes little Ernestine away. She doesn't know what to do she just watches, Trudy the girl's mother is furious that she just stood by and did nothing. She has an enormous amount of guilt and begins to pour herself into finding the little girl. Rhonda works phones at the call center and starts her own detective work to find out what happened to Ernie. Her childhood friend Peter is acting awfully strange and is beginning to look very guilty of being involved in the girls abduction, and the clues Rhonda find just lead back to Peter. All this brings Rhonda back to a time when she was younger and Peter's sister Lizzy, who also went missing, Rhonda wonders are the two connected and what exactly happened in 1993 when everything changed.
 
 
Review:
I have to say I really enjoyed this book, lots of action and a ton of suspense. This is the 2nd book I have read by Ms. McMahon and this book did not disappoint me at all. It is a well written and easy to follow through all the twists and turns. I really could understand Rhonda and the dilemma she carries of loving her childhood friend and not know who to trust. I would definitely give this book 5 stars out of 5.
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out: book-nerdandcritic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing this book, thanks for sharing your thoughts on it! Got here from the Book Blogs Ning community. I'm following you - we tend to like (and dislike!) the same genres. I'm a genre-hopper, too. :)

    ReplyDelete