Okay, so I've been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. Thanks Kacii(@The Kooky Bookworm)!!!
In order to accept and partcipate there are some steps.
- Tell 11 things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them.
11 Things about me
1. I'm a natural redhead
2. I love sports but mostly Braves baseball
3. I'm stuck right in the middle so I'm a big sister and little sister
4. I once hiked 10 miles with 30lbs strapped to my back
5. I carry an nice purse but can still bait my own hook.
6. I love all kinds of music, but at the moment I'm in love with country
7. I would rather have dessert than dinner
8. My nieces and nephews all think I'm a rock star (all 15 of them)
9. My only child is a four legged friend that my husband found at 6 weeks old he's 13 now.
10. I knew that I was going to marry my husband the 1st time I ever saw him
11. The best I can figure I have read almost 300 books!
11 Questions from K.K. Cook (Kacii)
1. What's the funniest book you ever read?
The Sweet Potato Queens trying to teach me be southern (but I'm already pretty southern)
2. Do you prefer eBooks or print books?
My husband bought me a Kindle in 2010 and I haven't picked up a print book since.
3. Favorite book of all time?
My favorite book of all time is She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. It is a wonderfully written book about a young woman. I think all young women should read it in their 20's.
4. What was the best childhood book you read as a kid?
I read the whole series of Little House on the Praire by Laura Ingalls and those really stuck with me.
5. Why do love to read?
I love stepping into someone elses shoes and reading about others experiences. You can move through space and time all in books.
6. Where do you like to read?
I use to like to read in the tub but since I moved to an e-reader I basically read wherever I am not matter what I am doing if I have free time I'm reading.
7. Who taught you to love books?
I'm not really who taught me to love books but I know that my parents strongly supported my love of books and spent lots of money to make sure that I could have the ones I wanted.
8. When did you realize you were addicted to books?
Very early on, some of my best memories are getting the Scholastic magazines to buy books or when the book fair would come, so I would say by the time I was about 8 or 9 I knew I was crazy for books.
9. Who's your favorite author?
This is a particularly tough question because my favorite author changes quite frequently. I jump around genres so it is constantly changing. So at the moment I would say Alan Bradley.
10. Which book are you waiting in agony for this year?
I would have to say the new Flavia Deluce novel Speaking from Among the Bones. It is my new favorite series that I came across by complete accident. There is no schedule release date just early 2013, but I am so ready.
11. Favorite movie/TV show based on a book(s)?
My favorite movie based on a book is an oldie and it might not be popular today but it is To Kill A Mockingbird with Gregory Peck. To Kill A Mockingbird is standard read for 9th grade English but I read this way back in elementary school when my dad told me about it. I read the book and then he let me watch the movie with him and it was the first book that I read that had been turned into a movie. I thought I was such a big shot reading a grown up book and discussing it with my dad.
Questions for the blogs I'm nominating
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite book of all time and why?
3. What format do you read? e-books, print, audio?
4. What book effected your life the most?
5. Where are you from?
6. Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
7. Who is your favorite author and why?
8. What do you look for when choosing a book?
9. How much time do you dedicate to reading and writing?
10. Any goals for 2013?
11. What is your favorite book cover and why?
My nominations are:
1. @ Cover to Cover
2. @ The Unexpected Path
3. @ Book Cupid
6. @ Coffee Break
9. @Color The Pages
10. @Maureen's Book Haven